Thursday, August 7, 2008
Linda
It is hard enough to get work done around the house with two children that I can actually see, but factor in one that I cannot see, and it becomes darn near impossible to get anything accomplished. My youngest has of late, developed an imaginary friend, Linda. Throughout the day today, as I moved about the house, I would be followed by indignant and often piercing shrieks, "Mommy you are standing on Linda!" Trying to encourage this imaginative play I would dutifully apologize to Linda, and be on my way, until the next misstep that is. However, my eldest, was not nearly as accommodating as I was. My eldest apparently fell on Linda, and my youngest was screaming "get off of her", instead my eldest rolled around on the floor, and invisible victim, and laughed. It was clear that my eldest was relishing the fact that she could "torture" Linda, and make my youngest mad in the process. At this point, my youngest was beside herself. Poor Linda. Okay, so it was a little bit funny, because Linda was on my last nerve at this point, but I did reprimand my eldest for antagonizing her sister. We will see how long Linda sticks around, but I really hope she manages to stay out from under my feet from this point forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ah, yes. I remember clearly the righteous indigation of my child when I would walk through his imaginary whatever. He was at least old enough for me to tell him that I could not be held responsible for things only he could see. Good luck - to you and to Linda! I would love to see a picture of her if the little one would draw her!
Post a Comment