Monday, August 25, 2008

Is There A World Out There?

We are in Day 5 of tonsillectomy recovery. One thing I had never heard prior to the surgery is about the bad breath aspect. They mentioned it as we were leaving the hospital, and said that it would be bad for a couple of weeks, but bad really doesn't begin to describe it. It doesn't matter how much her teeth get brushed, there is this very pungent odor emanating from the back of her throat. It literally takes my breath away when she breathes in my face. Aside from that, things are improving. Today she woke up crying again, complaining of soreness, but once she gets a little medicine in her she is good to go for most of the day. So now that she feels better, she wants to do more, mainly go outside and play. I am being Nazi mom, and insisting on quiet indoor play. The doctors warned me too many times about possible bleeding, and the cause of that is due to not resting and moving to fast to harder foods. So we are sticking with fairly soft foods, and keeping as quiet as possible. It is driving all of us a little batty I think, but again, if we can avoid the pitfalls of doing too much too soon it will be worth a little insanity. I hope. With the exception of a drive on Saturday we haven't been out at all. I am looking forward to tomorrow night. A friend is taking me out to dinner and a movie for my birthday. That should bring enough refreshment back to my life to get me through a couple more quiet days.

No comments: